Gifts anyone can make
Gifts that cost you nothing out of pocket today
Some gifts do not have to cost you anything today but support our mission in the future. These gifts involve naming MUM as a beneficiary:
- of your will or living trust
- of your qualified retirement plan (IRA, 403(b), 401(k), etc.)
- or owner of your life insurance policy
See Bequests page for sample language on the items above.
How it Works
- Name MUM in your will, codicil to your will, living trust or as a beneficiary or owner of your retirement plan, life insurance policy or donor-advised fund
- Designate your gift for a particular purpose that is important to you, or allow MUM to use the gift where the need is greatest at the time it matures
- Indicate a set amount, a percentage or the remaining balance to benefit our mission
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime
- You can modify your gift at any time to address changing circumstances
- You can direct your gift to a particular purpose (be sure to check with us to make sure your gift can be used as intended)
- Under current federal tax law there is no upper limit on the estate tax deduction for your charitable gifts
If you are interested in learning more about a MUM planned gift, please contact us. We are happy to provide you with additional information and options.
Those considering a planned gift should consult their own legal and tax advisors. We would be happy to speak with your advisors as well.