Charitable gift annuity
You can make a gift and receive guaranteed fixed income payments for the rest of your life as well as a second person such as a spouse or significant other. Payments are typically much higher than your return on “safe” investment such as low-earning securities and CDs. The older the donor, the higher the rate of payout. After the donor, and the beneficiary if one has been designated, passes the remaining funds can be used by MUM.
Gift annuities are actually the most popular life income gift and among the easiest to manage. You, as the donor, receive a charitable gift deduction while the annuity replaces, and in many cases actually increases income to the donor.
Not sure when you are going to retire? You can still make a gift and receive guarantees fixed payments for life by setting up a gift annuity with a flexible start date.
Imagine that you are in your mid-seventies and make a cash gift of $100,000 to MUM. Based on current rates, you will receive a minimum of $5,800 per year for the rest of your life (returns may be higher depending on the company underwriting the annuity). That’s a return of 5.8% for your lifetime! Based on the income tax charitable deduction (and figuring that the donor is in the 35% class) you will save of at least $14,350 in income taxes! And, of the $5,800 you receive, about $4,000 will be tax free.
A superior risk-free return on your savingsSee FAQ page
MUM’s gift annuities are fully guaranteed by major insurance companies rated “Superior” by A.M. Best, including:
|ANNUAL RETURN ON INVESTMENT||GUARANTEED QUARTERLY PAYMENTS||GUARANTOR’S FINANCIAL STRENGTH RATING OF SUPERIOR||TAX-FREE INCOME AND DEDUCTION||SUPPORTS MUM EXPANSION|
|MUM Gift Annuity||4.70%||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Five year Jumbo CD||0.86%||no||some||no||no|
|Five year T-bond||1.66%||no||yes||no||no|
- ANNUITY: Return for person age 65 on a single-life annuity. Rates range from 3-9% depending on age and whether for one or two people.
- CD Source: Bankrate, US national average, 1/27/16.
- T-BOND Source: Bankrate, 1/27/16.
How it works:
- You make a donation for an annuity (min. $20,000)
- You receive quarterly and annuity payments at a rate much higher than other secure investments such as CDs and treasury bonds
- Payments continued throughout your lifetime – and if applicable, your spouses as well
- Your income is fully guaranteed by a top-rated insurance company
- You receive major tax benefits
- A major portion of your annuity income is tax-free
To get started:
See our user friendly Gift Annuity calculator page:
Or Contact Us
If you are interested in learning more about a MUM Charitable Gift Annuity, please contact us. We are happy to provide you with additional information and options.
Those considering a planned gift should consult their own legal and tax advisors. We are happy speak with your advisors as well.